This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

It’s not the load that breaks you down, it’s the way you carry it. -Lou Holtz

Stress… a word that haunts all college students. Even though first semester is still fresh, it already seems like I’m drowning in work and extracurriculars like jobs, internships, organizations, etc. So, with all that going, I’m so excited for Fall break. With Fall break, I’m ready to relax and hopefully, with these tips, you can too!

1. Binge Watch a New Show

Binge watching a new show is great because it relaxes your mind and places you in a fantasy world. Sometimes we need a break from reality in order to deal with what is currently going on. The show that I look forward to binge watching is Quantico. If you all have any time this break, you should definitely join me!

2. Create a Playlist of Your Favorite Jams

Music! The language of our souls. Music is a perfect go-to when you are feeling stressed or down. It can hype you up, calm you down, and also take you to another place just like tv shows or movies. So, find all of your favorite songs and put them into a playlist that you can keep on replay, and dance or jam your heart out!

3. Have a Day when You Stay in Your  Pjs

Pajamas are awesome and they’re are super comfy. What is a better way to relax than being as comfortable as possible, and just chilling ? I think everyone deserves to one day that they stay in their pajamas, so definitely enjoy that over Fall Break.

4. Actually Schedule Plans in Advance

Lastly, even though recharging is supposed to be about getting your energy up, it also means figuring out how to be refreshed to take the next steps. As we end Fall Break, we should take the time to start preparing for the rest of the semester. So, as you end your Fall Break, start thinking of your upcoming deadlines. It’s easier to feel more prepared, if you prepare in advance.

Hopefully you all will join me in trying to recharge during Fall Break. Take advantage of your days off and take time to enjoy your free time. Enjoy!

Hannah Trudeau is a co-correspondent for Her Campus at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. She is an International Business and Information Systems/ Supply Chain Management double major and is minoring in French. She would love to travel the world one day for work as she loves to learn about different countries and cultures. In her free time, Hannah enjoys reading and catching up with friends.