Reasons to Plan for Spring Break Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

Spring break is (thankfully) sneaking up on us, which makes the title of this article slightly misleading. We don’t need to be planning now, we should have been planning for our spring break trips yesterday, and by yesterday I mean last year. Okay, I could be exaggerating a bit but when it comes to planning for spring break, there is never enough time. Whether you plan on going to Myrtle Beach, Miami, or somewhere out of the country, time is of the essence. If you want your spring break to run smoothly, it’s now or never.

You might think that you have plenty of time to plan, but here’s a list of reasons why none of us do:

1.Spring break is quickly approaching!

With the awaited break right around the corner, you don’t have time to put this off. We can’t treat this trip like our homework and procrastinate because we all know it will be here in the blink of an eye. If we don’t plan now, it’s very likely that we won’t have anything to do when March rolls around, or anyone to do it with.

2. All of the good rentals are getting booked.

As we’re getting closer to this deadline, more people are starting to plan for their spring break trips as well. I doubt that you would want someone to snatch up your dream vacation before you had the chance, right? So hurry up and get that dream spot reserved for squad so you don’t all regret it!

3. It’s cheaper to book now!

As a college student, I am well aware of the financial strain that you’re put through. Most places have cheaper prices when you book your vacation far in advance. As you approach spring break, the prices will increase and make your getaway less than ideal. So book early to save some money for gas and food!

Don’t miss out on your spring break because you thought you could put this off. Being in college is about experiencing new adventures, (once you’re finished with your classwork of course). Prepare now so that you can avoid wasting this moment of freedom from the stress of college life.

My name is Morgan Collins, I am 21 years old and I am currently enrolled at The University of North Carolina at Greensboro as a Senior. I am a Media Studies Major and I am interested in photography as well.
I am currently a student at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. I am double-majoring in Business Administration with a concentration in Human Resources and Women's and Gender Studies. I love my university and the diversity on campus is important to me.