The Perfect Vegan Thanksgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

We all know the best thing about the holiday season is the mountain of food you get to devour, before promptly falling asleep for twelve hours to recover. But, the holidays can be difficult if you show up to family dinner being the only person who doesn’t eat meat, eggs, dairy or any other animal products. So, here are some vegan-friendly Thanksgiving recipes with links attached to make your holidays more inclusive!

Vegan Wild-Rice-Stuffed Butternut Squash

This main dish, made with sage, curry powder and cayenne, is packed with flavor and still very filling to take the place of your regular turkey.

Vegan Stuffing

This is a pretty standard stuffing recipe without the butter and eggs, but there is one unique ingredient: green tea, which gives the stuffing a nice earthy flavor.

Dairy- and Gluten-Free Cornbread

No meal is complete without some bread, but it can be difficult to find a vegan cornbread that still tastes delicious without the large amounts of butter. But this recipe, containing chia seeds, maple syrup and winter squash, is a guilt-free alternative to a tasty favorite.

Vegan Scalloped Potatoes

Mashed potatoes are a Thanksgiving staple, and this recipe calls for the addition of nutritional yeast, which gives it a cheesy taste. The silken tofu also gives these potatoes a rich, creamy texture.

Deep-Dish Vegan Apple Pie

The most important part of any meal is the dessert, and Thanksgiving is no exception. This classic apple pie, with extra-virgin coconut oil and unsweetened almond milk is sure to be a crowd-pleaser and a great way to end the day.

Thanksgiving is a great time to bond with family and friends over delicious food, and now you can enjoy the meal regardless of your dietary restrictions! Happy cooking and happy Thanksgiving!

My name is Isabella Whitehead, but I mostly go by Bella. I am currently a sophomore at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro majoring in Consumer, Apparel and Retail Studies. I have been a part of the Her Campus UNCG team since Fall 2017 and will be stepping up this year as a Co-Campus Correspondent. Writing is a passion of mine and I enjoy working with HerCampus to inform, entertain and empower my fellow students.