New Semester, New Dorms

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

Why should you consider living in Lexington or McCormick?

When you think about living in new dorms, you already know that it’s going to be expensive but if money is not a factor then these dorms might be the perfect location for you. UNCG residents can choose between a 2 bedroom/1 bathroom, or a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom, apartment.

These buildings are designed for upperclassmen students in order to provide a private and independent living space. Sharing a bathroom with one person or not having to share a bathroom at all is definitely a big step up from sharing a bathroom with an entire hall of residents. On top of that, there is a kitchen which includes a microwave, oven and dishwasher. The common area includes a couch, an ottoman, and a television.

One of the many perks of living in these new dorms include the Kaplan Center. The rec is right next door so your workout does not have to include the walk to the rec. There are many locations that will be below the dorms that will accept UNCG flex dollars, and many of the retailers will be open late and deliver to campus. The new retail space will also provide employment opportunities for students looking to make some extra cash.

The stores that will be below the dorms include a grocery store, Pita Delite, an Asian/Mexican fusion food concept, Homeslice pizza and subs, The Den (which is similar to Denny’s), a smoothie place, a bike shop, an art loft and a hair/nail salon.

If you are like me then you have been given the opportunity to live in the new dorms at UNCG. Lexington and McCormick provide a safe apartment style living environment for upperclassmen. Although the stores that are supposed to be built underneath the dorm are not quite finished yet, they are certainly something to look forward to.

Check out photos of the new dorms below: 

My name is Morgan Collins, I am 21 years old and I am currently enrolled at The University of North Carolina at Greensboro as a Senior. I am a Media Studies Major and I am interested in photography as well.