This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

In my humble opinion, New Girl is one of the funniest sitcoms on tv to date. And in honor of their last season airing this year, here are 7 lessons I have learned from apartment 4D.

1. Good friends are always there to support you.

No matter the situation, the friends who matter will always be there for you. Just as Tran was there for Nick, or Nick, Schmidt and Coach for Jess when she got stood up.

2. If you prank someone – find the middle ground.

Though Winston goes by the name “Prank Sinatra” he is the perfect example of not finding the middle ground. There is such a thing as too big or too small when it comes to pranking.

3. True love will always find its way back to you.

We witnessed it with Schmidt and CeCe, then Coach found love with May and Winston with Aly, and finally – Jess and Nick.

4. It’s okay not to fit into the gender norms.

Jess originally thought the apartment was full of girls because of the way Schmidt listed their roommate ad, and he has proven time and time again that you don’t have to fit the norms to live your best life.

5. Be proud of who you are.

We all have moments of self-doubt, but no one is more proud of who they are than Jess Day and she serves as a great reminder to love yourself and never be afraid to live your truth.

6. Hard work pays off.

We witnessed Nick struggle with his book throughout the season, and then he finally publishes it, and it becomes more successful than he imagined! Hard work may take a while, but it always pays off.

7. Sometimes you need a douche bag jar.

This is pretty self-explanatory.

I am a student at UNC-Greensboro and am double majoring in International and Global Studies and Peace and Conflict Studies with minors in Dance and Spanish. I have always had a passion for writing, and love being involved on campus. I recently studied abroad in Cape Town, South Africa and hope to go back some day.