sean o KMn4VEeEPR8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sean o KMn4VEeEPR8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Lessons to be Learned by College Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

Congratulations Spartans! You have completed another semester. Whether it was your first or your last, you should be proud! We may not have passed all our classes, we may have spent the last couple weeks hopped up on caffeine in an attempt to pass our finals, we may have crushed it and brought our GPA up. No matter your situation, you did it! Every semester brings new learning opportunities so as you wrap up, move out, and get excited for what your summer will hold, think on that. This being my fourth semester, I have learned many more lessons than I can name, but I will name my top three in hopes that it gets you all thinking!

When making your class schedule, aim for class times when you are most alert and successful. We can’t always get our schedules exactly how we want them to be, but if I have learned anything it is that sometimes a Friday class is better than a Monday night for me. Know your body and know when you are most able to be engaged, your GPA will thank you!

Make a schedule. Homework does not do itself. The longer you wait, the longer it feels like it takes, but the easy way to fix it is to block out time! Make yourself sit down and do work at a specific time everyday, you will find that you get more sleep and your stress level will drop!

Do not forget to relax. Watch your favorite TV show or movie, go walk around campus, play games with your friends, or just sit and listen to music. Find your happy place and visit it at least a few times a week. A little me-time never hurts!

There are mounds of other lessons learned to share, and even more to be learned but as we transition to summer time don’t forget to take a minute to celebrate them. We have all climbed a mountain this semester and often our instinct is to look forward to the challenges to come but make sure to remember what you overcame to get there. So once more, congratulations on a semester full of lessons. We should all be proud! Have a great summer Spartans! #HCXO

I am currently a student at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. I am double-majoring in Business Administration with a concentration in Human Resources and Women's and Gender Studies. I love my university and the diversity on campus is important to me.
Hannah Trudeau is a co-correspondent for Her Campus at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. She is an International Business and Information Systems/ Supply Chain Management double major and is minoring in French. She would love to travel the world one day for work as she loves to learn about different countries and cultures. In her free time, Hannah enjoys reading and catching up with friends.