How to Focus In a World With a Million Distractions

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

1.Stay on task! How do I stay on task though?

Game plan, write it out and stick to it. Refer back to your planner or whatever you use to keep your life in order.

If you constantly look at it over and over, you know exactly what has to get done and when.

2. Let that phone go!

Drop the phone, hide it! Do whatever you need to do to focus on your task without any interruptions or urges to stalk Bae’s Instagram and check what’s going down in the Dm’s

3. Get in the routine.

If you have a schedule, stick to it.

Make POST-IT notes and stick them everywhere if need be. But, get in the habit of mastering your routine. Block out time for yourself to recoup too; it can help balance out your hectic life.

4. Learn how to say NO!

You can’t do everything and can’t be everywhere! Just face it some stuff you will have to miss out on & that’s perfectly okay.

Figure out what’s more important and worthy. I’m sure you can trade off certain invites for others that may be more beneficial to your life. Don’t spread yourself too far out.

5. Get some beauty rest!

I get it. You totally want to pull an all nighter to get everything done. That’s okay too but get some rest. It’s difficult to focus when your thought process is a wreck. You allow more distractions when you don’t get enough sleep. More than likely you won’t have the energy to do what needs to get done. Power nap it and keep it moving!