How to be a Winner in this Election

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

Who are you voting for during this upcoming election? If you’ve been keeping up with the election then you know that it is almost time to vote. Are you registered to vote? Find out by using this link, it’s quick and easy. Just fill out all of your information and if you’re registered to vote then your name will appear in the database.

This website not only allows you to check your regsitration, it will provide you with a chance to win for being registered. Once you’re registered to vote, you can win points by inviting other people to register or see if they’re registered. Entering the contest is just as easy as it is to check your voter registration. Just enter your information and then rack up points. Post the link to the website on social media and you will gain points from your family and friends using your link to see if they’re registered. The biggest impact you can have is by getting your friends to vote too!

The Voteplz website is encouraging public participation in this election by incorporating prizes. Here’s the challenge: get your friends to check their voter registration. For each friend who goes through your referral link, you’ll be entered into their sweepstakes with up to $1,040,000 in prizes! 20 grand prize winners will each receive up to $50,000 in student debt forgiveness, up to $50,000 in college scholarships, or $25,000 in cash! 2,000 second prize winners will each be awarded a $20 prepaid gift card. You get 25 points for every person who checks their registration via your referral link. And you get 10 points for every friend your friends invite. So being the first counts big time! You can compete against people who attend your school and compete with other schools.

This website provides a commendable way to get more people involved in this year’s election. Every vote counts. You’re probably going to vote, and if you’re registered, you might as well win big because of it.

Just so you guys don’t think that I’m writing this article as a he said, she said point of view, I went on to the website, made sure I was registered, and then entered myself in the sweepstakes. After entering in the contest, I proceeded to share my referral link on Facebook and Twitter so that I could win points. The website was easily accessible; therefore, it wasn’t hard for me to find out if I was registered. The website provided plenty of information about the contest so that you know what you’re getting yourself into. Even if you have no idea how to register, or how to vote, this website provides a Voting Guide for any information you might need. The website also allows you to fill out an absentee ballot which provides an easier way to vote. You have no excuse not to vote and thanks to this website, it makes voter registration easy and beneficial. Check out the website for yourself.

My name is Morgan Collins, I am 21 years old and I am currently enrolled at The University of North Carolina at Greensboro as a Senior. I am a Media Studies Major and I am interested in photography as well.
Hannah Trudeau is a co-correspondent for Her Campus at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. She is an International Business and Information Systems/ Supply Chain Management double major and is minoring in French. She would love to travel the world one day for work as she loves to learn about different countries and cultures. In her free time, Hannah enjoys reading and catching up with friends.