Haunted Houses to Visit During Fall Break, If You Dare

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

It’s that time of year again, you know what I’m talking about. While everyone else falls in love with the leaves changing colors and everything pumpkin spice, the best part of fall really begins in October. I’m not just talking about Halloween and the anticipation of dressing up and going out, but the terror that comes with Halloween. I’m talking about Haunted Houses. This was my absolute favorite part of Fall growing up, and I even made it a tradition to visit a different haunted house every year with my friends. So here I am to give you a list that spans across all of NC, that way you can use your Fall Break wisely and enjoy a little scare.

Woods of Terror on Church Street

This is a Greensboro local, and has a great turnout every year. They have multiple parts in order to scare even the most brave souls. (They were also featured on Buzzfeed!)

Kersey Valley Spookywoods

If you’re willing to drive a little further, Spooky Woods in High Point is definitely worth the ride for a little more scare. It’s been around for a lot longer than most Haunted Attractions and have perfected the art of terror.

The Haunted Farm

This claims to be the best haunted attraction in Western Carolina and I heard it lives up to the name. Be prepared to be frightened through its three attractions including a haunted hayride.

Clayton Fear Farm

Growing up, this was one of my favorite haunted attractions to visit. There’s even a daytime aspect for those who aren’t ready for the full scare yet, which has the most popular corn maze.

Haunted Forest at Panic Point

If you’re willing to walk through the woods, it’ll be worth it. They have multiple attractions including a forest walk that is completely in the dark. This is another personal favorite of mine, and I like to think I’m a bit of a haunted forest expert.

Stoney Point Trail of Terror

This is not only terrifying, but it’s a fundraiser for the Stoney Point Fire Department! So at least you know your screams are for a good cause, and the nightmares will stop eventually.

Of course you can find many more scares here if this list doesn’t do it for you. But be careful what you wish for, it might be scarier than you ever thought imaginable.

I am a student at UNC-Greensboro and am double majoring in International and Global Studies and Peace and Conflict Studies with minors in Dance and Spanish. I have always had a passion for writing, and love being involved on campus. I recently studied abroad in Cape Town, South Africa and hope to go back some day.