Going Elsewhere (Explore Greensboro Part 2)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

If you are the type of person who enjoys the pure essence of all that is quirky, taking a trip to Elsewhere will definitely satisfy your longing. Located in downtown Greensboro, the three-story museum is the spunky funhouse I wished I had to explore in my younger years. Overtime the place was transformed from being a thrift store to being an art collaborative as well as a non-profit organization for people all around the world to gain an eclectic sense of inspiration.

It is coined as a living museum because of the constant, yet not so constant, in-store transformations which include slight additions to already created masterpieces as well as new artwork from aspiring artists worldwide. The fact that it was a thrift store, or more accurately a hoarder’s storage (for lack of better term), means there are tons of knick-knacks, tools, timeless pieces, and so forth that add to it’s unique originality. These antique items take you back in time, whether it be world history or memories of your very own, with the help of one of the garments from their eccentric dress-up room amongst their other insightfully nostalgic sites.  If you are looking for a place that truly represents Greensboro, visit this house of wonder and imagination with a couple of friends and have a whimsical blast from all that was in the past.

Hannah Trudeau is a co-correspondent for Her Campus at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. She is an International Business and Information Systems/ Supply Chain Management double major and is minoring in French. She would love to travel the world one day for work as she loves to learn about different countries and cultures. In her free time, Hannah enjoys reading and catching up with friends.