This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

The beginning of the school year and fall semester is always an exciting one! Especially if you’re a freshman (it is bittersweet as a senior). This time of year is full of events and organizations to join, like Her Campus, and also recruitment time for sororities. I, myself, am in a sorority and have the privilege of being a Pi Chi (recruitment counselor) this year. This means I left my letters behind to be unbiased and help other women find their home in Greek life. Here I will tell you why you should go Greek, and how to sign up for recruitment!

Before I start, I’d like to say that this is just for the College Panhellenic Council, which consists of the 4 chapters Alpha Chi Omega, Sigma Sigma Sigma, Chi Omega, and Alpha Delta Pi. I will also link the UNCG Greek Life page for those interested in other fraternities and sororities: https://cap.uncg.edu/greek-life/.

Going Greek is a great way to get involved on campus and give back to your community. Each sorority and fraternity participates in many philanthropic events and community service. They also give great opportunities to fill leadership positions throughout your time at UNCG. It’s a great way to make friendships that will last a lifetime, serve your community, and be apart of something bigger than yourself.

College Panhellenic recruitment begins September 6th and sign up is currently open! Check out the CPC website below to learn more and sign up! https://uncgcpc.wixsite.com/uncgpanhellenic

Just know that Greek Life is about finding your home away from home, and forming bonds that will carry on past college. Go Greek!

I am a student at UNC-Greensboro and am double majoring in International and Global Studies and Peace and Conflict Studies with minors in Dance and Spanish. I have always had a passion for writing, and love being involved on campus. I recently studied abroad in Cape Town, South Africa and hope to go back some day.