neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Five Steps to Getting Free Stuff in College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

If you like free stuff, then this five step guide will help you out this semester!

1. Check Your Emails

With professor’s canceling class and free events on campus, this part should already be routine. If you haven’t made a habit out of checking your emails yet, don’t worry. You still have plenty of time to get in on all the free things around campus and the city.

2. Go to Events on Campus

Now that you’re clued in on what’s happening on campus, it’s time to actually go to these events. Even if you think the event will be lame, you should still find time to show up. Chances are that there will be free merchandise and snacks, and nobody wants to pass up free stuff.

3. Club Meetings

Depending on the club, this option can be a hit or miss. Some clubs offer snacks at various meetings, while others do not. It’s best to sign up for the club’s emails or follow them on social media to know exactly when they’re having events.

4. Festivals

There are a handful of festivals that come to Greensboro. And the best part about most of them? They’re free! The National Folk Festival is a popular one (it comes every September) and there’s always games and activities where you can get free stuff. Even if you don’t win anything, you have a whole festival full of music to enjoy. So make the most of it!

5. Athletic Events

Sports aren’t for everyone, but tailgates and t-shirts are. Most athletic events have free things to give out to students, so don’t miss out on these games. And honestly, food tastes so much better when it’s free.

After following these steps, your collection of free things should be overflowing.

Kirami Bah is a sophomore studying communications. She has an affinity for quotes and loves trying new things. Catch her memes on Twitter @kiramelle.