Find Your People: October Events in Greensboro

Living in a city like Greensboro, events can come and go without you even hearing about them! If you’re like me, you’ll see a flyer for a cool event and want to go but get so busy that you forget. Well, here is a list of seven fun and exciting events in the Greensboro area for the month of October! Remember to mark your calendars, you won’t want to miss them!  

Mindful Mondays

Every Monday until December 4, 2018, 12:30 - 1:00 p.m.

Mindful Mondays are a time of meditation for anyone! This weekly drop-in meditation time is open to all, even those new to meditating. It is a time to relax and center yourself to start your week off right.

Cirque Italia

October 4 - 7, 2018

Cirque Italia is an exciting water circus show that you won’t want to miss. Filled with fun stunts and exciting tricks, this show will be one to get your heart pumping and hands clapping.

Dread & Delight: Fairy Tales in an Anxious World

October 3 - December 9, 2018

Dread and Delight is a new exhibition at the Weatherspoon Art Museum on the UNCG campus. It is filled with pieces from contemporary artists which take a new, darker spin on traditional fairy tales.

The Kinsey Sicks

October 14, 2018

The Kinsey Sicks are said to be “America’s Favorite Dragapella Beautyshop Quartet." This high-energy musical and comedy show is said to be one filled with lots of laughs and political parody.

Greensboro Symphony Masterworks

October 25 & 27, 2018

The Greensboro Symphony is in their season of Masterworks, their upcoming show focusing on the great works of Tchaikovsky. Their shows are filled with beautiful, spine-tingling music played by many talented musicians, some of whom are professors here at UNCG!

Pink Power Fashion Show

October 26, 2018

UNCG THREADS club is holding their 4th annual Pink Power Fashion show, which raises funds for breast cancer research. Every year, UNCG students are able to showcase their very own designs while raising awareness for a great cause.

UNCG Homecoming

October 10-13, 2018

The UNCG Homecoming week this year is filled with many events that you won’t want to miss! Every day has a different event such as food trucks, a block party and a bonfire - not to mention soccer and volleyball games!  

Check out any of the links to get tickets and find out more information about these awesome, local events. Happy October!