This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

Do you like coffee? Do you like board games? Video games? How about movies?

If you enjoy any or all of the above things, I know just the place for you to go explore a new spot in Greensboro! Cleverly named “Geeksboro” (and rightly so, since it definitely houses some “geeky” stuff)- this quirky, not-so-little, coffeeshop is the best place for an off-campus retreat for everyone. Whether you want to get caught up on some homework, have a game night with a group of friends, or relax in front of the big screen to watch that night’s featured film, Geeksboro is a catch of a place!

Located right off of Lawndale, it’s not too far of a drive, but it’s far enough away from the college scene to get a break. Not only do they sell amazing coffee, but they also allow outside food from their neighbors HOPS Burger Bar and Elizabeth’s Pizza (something you cannot do at some other coffee shops). If you’re a big Doctor Who fan, there’s a pretty neat surprise waiting right when you enter that I’m not going to spoil for you; you’ll just have to go and check it out yourself!

Even though I’ve only been a handful of times, each experience at Geeksboro is a great one and I look forward to when I get to go again. Geeksboro is highly recommended by me and all my compadres and makes Greensboro unique and quite a special place to call home!

Hannah Trudeau is a co-correspondent for Her Campus at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. She is an International Business and Information Systems/ Supply Chain Management double major and is minoring in French. She would love to travel the world one day for work as she loves to learn about different countries and cultures. In her free time, Hannah enjoys reading and catching up with friends.