Experience Business Abroad in Belgium

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

One thing you probably hear a lot as a UNCG student is- “have you thought about study abroad?” Although not all students are required to study abroad, it is highly encouraged at UNCG. There are a multitude of options for studying abroad from week-long programs to year-long studies, and as far as the countries to choose from, the possibilities are endless!

For any students that are part of UNCG’s Bryan School, there is one course I strongly recommend- MGT 303: Experience Business Abroad. MGT 303 is a course offered only in the Spring semester. The whole course focuses on one main project, an international business plan which you create based off of an entrepreneurial idea your group develops. Your group for the project is made up of students from your class as well as students from a school in Belgium.

For a week during the semester, you visit Belgium with your class and then the Belgian students come to UNCG for a week! During the visits, you have the opportunity to meet many interesting entrepreneurs and tour some great businesses. You learn so much from this class, such as how to successfully communicate across differing time-zones and how to write and present a successful international business plan. In addition, the class is a great way to meet new friends and students from another country and experience a new culture as well as see how the Belgian students react to our culture.  

The class overall is a wonderful experience. It is definitely a class worth looking into whether you are searching for a week-long study abroad program or if, like me, you just want to dip your toes into study abroad before you go for a longer period of time.

I had so many memorable and eye-opening experiences while taking this class and I would highly suggest looking into it for Spring 2017!

Emails about the course will be sent out in the fall. Visit this site for more information on study abroad.  

Hannah Trudeau is a co-correspondent for Her Campus at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. She is an International Business and Information Systems/ Supply Chain Management double major and is minoring in French. She would love to travel the world one day for work as she loves to learn about different countries and cultures. In her free time, Hannah enjoys reading and catching up with friends.