Escape from Greensboro

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

One of the newest trends emerging right now are escape rooms. An escape room is a real-life experience game in which you and a group of people are locked in a room for an hour and are faced with multiple puzzles and riddles to solve in order to get out of the room. The game originated in Japan and has become more and more popular in the United States. This game is also based off a video game called “escape the room.”

A new escape room attraction called “Breakout” has opened up right here in Greensboro. “Breakout” has described itself as “A life-sized game of twists and turns.” Often in escape rooms a video camera is recording your experience throughout the hour that you are in there. You are also not completely locked out of the room, at any time you may ask to leave or ask someone to come in for help. They have gamemasters that are monitoring you the whole time and will give you clues if needed. The escape room in Greensboro takes groups ranging from 2 to 8 people. “Breakout” is located on Edwardia Dr off of Wendover Ave. If you want to schedule a visit you can visit the website and book a time to go to the escape room. They cannot guarantee a spot for your group unless you reserve one so it is highly recommended that you do so. Upon arriving you will be asked to sign a quick waiver and then you can start the game! There is also the option of filling out the waiver before you arrive on the Breakout website.

When going to an escape room there are many different themes to be “escaping” from. The escape rooms at “Breakout” range from kidnapping situations to haunted schoolhouses to museum heists. Escape rooms are great ways practice team building activities among your friends and co-workers. The only thing required for escape rooms is a group of your friends and an engaging spirit!

Source: Breakout Greensboro

a writer and editor for the UNCG chapter of Her Campus.
Hannah Trudeau is a co-correspondent for Her Campus at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. She is an International Business and Information Systems/ Supply Chain Management double major and is minoring in French. She would love to travel the world one day for work as she loves to learn about different countries and cultures. In her free time, Hannah enjoys reading and catching up with friends.