This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

Just a few weeks ago I was at the mall trying to find some new cute outfits I could buy for the springtime. I remember walking into one store picking out about 5 different outfits that I thought would look great together. But as I got into the dressing room and tried on just a few of items I picked out, I realized that even though the clothing items looked cute to the eye, it didn’t actually compliment my body type. Then I wondered, what actually is my body type? If you are wondering the same thing, and want to know some great styles that will compliment your body type, then keep on reading!

1. If you have a Pear body shape

You normally carry more weight on your waist or thighs, have a clearly defined waist, and have narrower shoulders than hips. For this body shape, go look for high waisted pants and skirts, A-line dresses, and heels.

2. If you have a Hourglass shape 

You normally have a defined bust and butt and waist. For this body shape, look for wrap tops, waist-defined tops and jackets, and bodycons. Just look at Kim Kardashian, she knows where it’s at!

3. If you have a Apple body shape 

You have rounded shoulders, big bust, fullness in the stomach area, and have good legs. For this body shape, look for v and wide necklines, knee length A-line skirts, wrap dresses, and bootcut or straight leg jeans.

4. If you have a Lean body shape

You normally have a minimal bust and butt, little waist definition, and narrow shoulders. For this body shape, wear high waisted jeans, layered necklaces, patterned tops, chunky sweaters, and flare skirts.

5. If you have a Inverted triangle body shape – 

You have a wider size on your top half then your bottom half, have a straight ribcage, and little definition between waist and hips. For this body shape, strapless shirts, use belts, open necklines and collars, and straight cut jackets.

No matter what styles you pick for yourself to wear, the most important part is that you feel comfortable and confident in what you are wearing on a day to day basis. The clothes you wear not only share the kind of style you like, but also a bit of your personality. So dress the way you want, and keep on smiling because your outfit rocks! :)