DIY Throwback Halloween Snacks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

It is finally the season to dress up and be spooked!  It’s Halloween time!

Halloween is known for forcing you to be the most creative you’ve been all year, while also being pressured to throw the best costume parties. With any good party, comes good food, so any party happening during Halloween must have the essential throwback Halloween snacks.

But don’t worry… I got you covered!

Look below to brush up on a few of the Halloween recipe staples. Happy spooking and eating!

1. The Bloody Eyeballs

Of course we had to start with the bloody eyeballs….Making some ghouly eyeballs to snack on is a crowd favorite for any party. Whether it is the idea that we are “eating” eyeballs that is disgustingly intriguing, or that the eyes can be so yummy, these are definitely a must have.  

Here’s a quick link on an easy recipe to refresh your memory on how to make these. 

2. Dirt Pie With Gummy Worms

Next up is the infamous Dirt Pie…Maybe this isn’t a fan favorite, but it is definitely a favorite of mine. Do you remember in elementary school, in science class, when you were learning about soil? And you had an assignment where the teacher helped you make “soil” in the form of cookie crumbles and chocolate pudding, and added gummy worms to give the “real feel.”  Remember how great it was? Well, if you don’t remember or never had it, trust me when I say this is needed at the party.

Here’s a quick link on an easy recipe to refresh your memory on how to make it.

3. Ghost S’mores Dip

Last up, a new addition to the family….Now, the actual ghost s’more dip may be a new one, but s’mores themselves have always been a staple during fall time. With this new recipe, you can put a twist on a classic and bring something new to the Halloween parties. Fall back in love with the warm, rich chocolate and gooey-marshmallow goodness… and still provide a little fright for the faint of heat.

Here’s a quick link on an easy recipe to learn  how to make this.

Now, I have given all the tricks up my sleeve. Hopefully with these recipes and a bangin’ costume, you’ll have a scary- good time!