Date Night With Yourself (The Best Kind of Date Night)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

Go ahead and light a candle…or seven. Dating yourself or even just a date night to yourself without friends or a significant other is definitely a good practice; it can be pretty fun too! Here are some ways that you can date yourself without feeling too awkward.

1. Dinner for One (at home): Cook yourself your favorite meal. Light a candle and put it on the table. Enjoy your own food creation either in silence, with some Netflix, or that book you have been wanting to read but keep putting aside.

2. Movie or Dinner for One: People often struggle with the idea of going out in public alone to a place where people do not usually go alone. But, don’t knock it till you try it! And hey, if anything, it’s a nice time and at least half the cost!

3. Museum Trip: Honestly, if you go to an art museum or something of a sort, people will not think it is odd if you are alone. So, if you are too conscious to take yourself to a dinner in public, this is a great option.

4. Spa at Home: This is probably my favorite self-date night ever. Turn off your phone and turn the music on. You can take the spa experience as far as you want: yoga, face and body masks, foam roll for a massage, heating pads, hair treatments…etc.

Spartan Guide. Tri Sigma. Vegan. English Major. UNCG18.