Career

Christmas Shopping Without Breaking the Bank

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

With Christmas quickly approaching, here are some tips to help you save a few dollars this holiday season! 

1.     Start early! – This is key because not only can it save you time by not having to rush around last minute, but money too since you’ll be able to shop around and compare prices – especially when it comes to some of the more expensive things on your list. One thing I have found is that it helps to search around on the Internet and see what people are talking about when it comes to holiday deals. For some people, holiday shopping is a big deal. There are people out there who watch holiday deals like a hawk year round so use your resources and get on the Internet and see what people are saying. Hopefully, it will save you a few dollars.

2.     Take advantage of holiday promotions – As someone who tends to do their shopping last minute, I’ve noticed that the more you pay attention, the better. Starting around the end of October, many stores begin to roll out their seasonal deals. This comes in handy especially if you’re looking to gift someone small appliances, clothes from popular brands and makeup from places like Sephora and Ulta.

3.     Shop out of season – This one is particularly hard for me because it’s a bit challenging to spend money you may need in the near future on something that won’t be pulled back out until the end of the year. However, it can come in handy especially when you’re looking to gift clothing or shoes!

Good luck shopping!