We are three months into the Year 2019, and I’m sure half of us have not been sticking to our so called “New Year, New Me” outlook. Whether it’s because you genuinely just forgot or life has just been, well life. Whatever the reason is I can relate; but let’s continue to bring in Positive Vibes and Higher Vibrations and remember self love and self care is important.Here are five self care tips we all need to live by:
1. Stop using products on your body that you yourself would not digest. Our skin naturally absorbs 60% of what we put on it. Many if not all of the ingredients in most lotions, shampoos, facial cleansers, etc. are extremely harmful to the body . I encourage you to switch over to organic products or just stay away from harmful ingredients such alcohols, synthetic colors, formaldehyde, BHA, PEGs, and so much more.
2. Discipline Yourself This cannot be stressed enough but discipline is vital to self care! Our bodies, our minds, and our souls need to be watered constantly in order to work properly. Always Remember Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishments. With that being said, Its a New Year, find a workout plan, diet or a meditation routine and stick to it and I PROMISE you will see the results you want.
3. Reflect Take time out of your day and reflect upon your actions. Were they meaningful? Did I take responsibility for my actions? Will this affect my long terms goals? How am I evolving? How am I being Accountable? What am I putting out into the universe? People don’t realize that mindfulness is essential to life and reflection is just one way to be mindful. This year take control and add mediation to your daily routine to just reflect and gain clarity. Whether that’s prayer or just merely talking to yourself, honestly only good can com from it.
4. Ground Yourself In other terms be present in life, align your energies in whatever being you believe in and connect to Yourself. Have stability, security and control over your life. Once you’ve grounded yourself and really put thought into the meaning of being grounded then your gifts and talents will flourish and the fruits of your labor will show.
5. Realize your body is sacred Actually Go ahead and re-read this last bullet. Understanding how your body is a sacred place should make you want to be mindful of what you do with yourself. Be mindful of what you eat, Be mindful of the environments you put yourself in, Be mindful of the energy you put out there, overall Be mindful of how you are taking care of yourself. It’s 2019 no more self-hate and self-neglect, it’s all about Caress