This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

The film Bohemian Rhapsody follows the rapid rise of the band Queen, particularly frontman Freddie Mercury. The film, whose run time is two hours and fifteen minutes, does the band and their legacy justice! Rami Malek, who plays Freddie Mercury, shows a great performance in the way he portrays Mercury’s stage presence, personality and his alienation during the height of his fame.

Usually in biopics, the film likes to scrutinize a legacy rather than celebrating it. The movie received major success within its first weekend but received even more praise during the following weekend. In today’s pop-culture-filled society, Bohemian Rhapsody was a movie that was appealing to various generations. Throughout the movie one thing is solidified, Queen has a legacy that will continue to inspire music lovers and dreamers alike!

My name is Taylor Monk-Watkins. I am currently a sophomore at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro majoring in Biology (Pre-Med) and Religious Studies (Islamic Studies). Writing is a passion of mine as well as other things such as music and fashion.