This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

So now that it is officially fall and Halloween is approaching, spooky time is finally here! I know that everyone wants to participate in fall activities, but some are just so expensive, so here are a few things to do that won’t break the bank:

State Fair: The State Fair is located in Raleigh, which is roughly an hour and a half away from campus. This is perfect for fall as you can get on rides, play games and try various types of food. On average, the tickets range anywhere from 26 dollars to 50 dollars, but thankfully they have deals for students! On October 12, or Friday Frenzy, students can get in for 6 dollars by showing their school ID or report card, and on Thursday, October 18th, you can get in free if you bring 5 cans of food.

Scarowinds: Scarowinds, which is just the scary version of Carowinds, is very fun and entertaining for the fall season. It’s located in Charlotte, about an hour and forty-five minutes away from campus. Scarowinds is more on the pricey side with their tickets, which can be up to 89.99. Luckily if you have a friend with a season pass you only have to pay 34 to get in, or if not you can go on Sundays, where admission is only 37 dollars. If neither of those work out for you, with a valid ID, students can get in for 39.99 on Fridays now through October 26th.

Haunted Houses: As far as major haunted houses, I know that Greensboro has Woods of Terror. Also, there’s one in Archdale called Kersey Valley SpookyWoods, which is relatively close to Greensboro. These haunted houses have attractions within them, which make them all the more fun! The tickets for these haunted houses aren’t as cheap as the fair, but they’re cheaper than Scarowinds. Woods of terror tickets range from 20 to 50 dollars, while Spookywoods range from 30-55, but if you sign up for their texts on the website you immediately get 5 dollars off.

All these places are super fun, and no matter where you go you will get your money’s worth! Here are the websites for all of the attractions if you need more info!

State Fair

Scarowinds

Spooky Woods

Woods of Terror