This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

It’s finally that time of the year. The weather is finally cooling off. The leaves are transitioning into warm colors and falling off the trees. It’s officially sweater weather season instead of layers in the morning and shorts in the afternoon. Time for all of the pumpkins and coffee you could want. Also school has already started but it’s only a few weeks away from some of the best holidays, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Though right now, it still feels like we are in between summer and autumn. I suggest one of the best ways to get into the autumn season, is by snacking like it’s fall. I have two recipes that I have found on pinterest that could get anyone into the autumn fever.

1. Cranberry Orange Holiday Punch (by The Gunny Sack)

You will need:

1 Apple, sliced

1 cup of Cranberries

7 Orange wedges

1/3 Cup of Agave sweetener (In the Raw brand)

7 cinnamon sticks

2 cups of apple cider and Club Soda

3 cups of Cranberry Juice

1/3 cup of orange juice concentrate

1 cup of ice

A pitcher

Some cups

First thing to do is to soak the sliced apples into the club soda to slow down the browning. Second thing to do is place the cinnamon sticks though the orange wedges. Then blend the agave, apple cider, cranberry juice, and orange juice concentration into a pitcher and put everything in the fridge so that you can serve it cool. When you are ready to present it, place some cranberries and apples into the cup. Fill the cup up to ¾ juice mixture and ¼ club soda then top it off with an orange though a cinnamon stick.

It is a delicious drink to serve to your family and friends or you could drink it alone. You can find out more about the creator and the recipes here.

1. Pumpkin Pie Twist (by Deliciously Sprinkled)

You will need:

1 cup: Pumpkin (pure)

1 cup: powdered sugar

3 tsp: Pumpkin pie spice

½ tsp: vanilla extract

1 can: crescent rolls

3 tbsp: Butter

¼ cup: butter, unsalted

¼ cup: Cream Cheese

1 pan

Step 1: Unroll the dough and lay down 4 rectangles on a prepared pan.

Step 2: Spread the pumpkin puree onto 2 of the rectangles.

Step 3: Place the other 2 rectangles on top of the pumpkin puree.

Step 4: Butter the tops of the rectangles before spreading vanilla extract on them.

Step 5: Cut the rectangles into strips.

Step 6: Twist each strip, bake for 8-10 minutes and you’re done.

This is a very quick, easy, and delicious routine that anyone can try. For more information about the creator of this recipe and more recipes, here is her website.

There are lots of unique snacks and meals all over the internet  for any occasion. If you want pumpkin snickerdoodles or apple cranberry walnut salad then there’s a possibility you can find it on the Internet. If you have great creativity and cooking abilities then you should considered placing your recipes on the social media such as tumblr or pinterest. (Speaking of pinterest, follow us up there on Her Campus UNCG for pins on food, art, and more.)

Just a small town girl, living in an aggressive double standard, minority fetching world.
Hannah Trudeau is a co-correspondent for Her Campus at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. She is an International Business and Information Systems/ Supply Chain Management double major and is minoring in French. She would love to travel the world one day for work as she loves to learn about different countries and cultures. In her free time, Hannah enjoys reading and catching up with friends.