This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

What is your major and classification? I am a junior Psychology major, Human Development and a Family studies minor.

Where are you from? I am from Washington, DC.

What made you come to UNCG? I came to UNCG because I wanted a fresh start in a new diverse place.

Can you describe the process of getting back into UNCG? When I got suspended I had to go through a lot to get back in. I went through 5 different appeals and gathered documents such as obituaries, letters, job forms and more. I had to go to the students first office and explicitly get instructions on what the board was looking for in order to be approved.

After going through all of this why did you choose UNCG over going to a different college? I built a home here. I had a lot of friends and memories that I didn’t want to let go and I knew that I could overcome any obstacles I faced because I had a great support system.

What did you learn from this experience? I learned to never give up I learned that if you want something it takes hard work and perseverance.

What advice can you give to those wanting to get back into UNCG after academic suspension? I would say never give up! It’s really easy to quit something, it’s even harder to get back out their and keep going. If you believe in yourself put the work in and make it happen!

My name is Morgan Collins, I am 21 years old and I am currently enrolled at The University of North Carolina at Greensboro as a Senior. I am a Media Studies Major and I am interested in photography as well.