4 Events On Campus This Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

As you are powering through the middle of the semester, it can be easy to get caught up in academics and forget about a social life or doing anything other than eating, sleeping and studying. But it is always important to take a break and make time for something other than academics. Below are four great events taking place this week on campus! Put down your study guides, grab a friend and check them out!

1. Reel Talk: Dialogue and Dinner film series (MTV Decoded) – Phillips-Hawkins Residence Hall Tuesday at 5:30 pm

“Reel Talk: Dialogue and Dinner film series This series aims to prompt meaningful dialogue about identity, intersectionality, and contemporary social justice issues through films and film clips.” (Learn more about this Reel Talk event.)

2. “Ciraldo Duo” Guest Artist Recital (flute & guitar) – Organ Hall Wednesday at 5:30 pm

(More performing arts events)

3. Big Love by Charles L. Mee – The Pam and David Sprinkle Theatre Thursday at 7:30 pm

“In Charles Mee’s version of Aeschylus’s The Suppliants- we see fifty terrified brides fleeing an arranged marriage take refuge in an Italian Villa, with fifty angry grooms hot on their trail, hell-bent on reclaiming their “property.” As tensions rise and their trip down the aisle nears, sisters Tyona, Olympia, and Lydia hatch a desperate plan to escape the darker side of love and matrimony. This play blows open the gender divide and gives new meaning to ‘until death do us part.’” (Check out more theatre events.)

4. Men’s Tennis Spartan Fall Invitational – UNCG Tennis Courts Friday-Sunday All-day

(More sports events)

Hannah Trudeau is a co-correspondent for Her Campus at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. She is an International Business and Information Systems/ Supply Chain Management double major and is minoring in French. She would love to travel the world one day for work as she loves to learn about different countries and cultures. In her free time, Hannah enjoys reading and catching up with friends.