jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

3 Ways to Treat Yourself on a Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

This time of year is stressful for college students to say the least. With studying for exams, attempting to find the perfect gifts for everyone you love, planning for next semester, and trying to get some sleep in there too, it is hard to find the time or the money to treat yourself. Here are three easy and cheap ways to do something just for you!

1. Make yourself a nice bubble bath. It doesn’t have to be fancy, you just need a bottle of bubble bath (you can find bottles for $2-5 that’ll last you a couple of baths), your favorite candy, a candle, and maybe a glass of wine if you want to spend a little extra. Turn on your favorite playlist or set your laptop up with whatever you are binging on Netflix, and just relax.

2. Have a movie and pajama party with your besties. If you get your happiness from being with others, a nice night in with your friends is a great way to treat yourself. Pick a movie from your collection, Netflix, Hulu, etc. that won’t cost you anything, or rent one for a few bucks. Then go in on a couple of your favorite movie snacks, put on your favorite pj’s, and enjoy.

3. Spa night, on a budget. This is a great thing to do alone or with friends. Pick your favorite nail polish color from your collection, grab a facemask for a few dollars, and put on your robe or comfy pajamas and relax. By the end of the night you’ll feel calm, relaxed and ready for a winter break full of fun.

So, don’t let an almost empty bank account keep you from treating yourself this week.

I am currently a student at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. I am double-majoring in Business Administration with a concentration in Human Resources and Women's and Gender Studies. I love my university and the diversity on campus is important to me.