3 Ways to Make Your Room a More Productive Space

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

With school settling in, you might find yourself feeling a bit uninspired and unproductive in your room. Considering the vast hours spent on homework and deeps thoughts (and maybe Netflix) in this space, it is important to keep the vibes alive in this space. To help keep the spirit going try these three quick tips!

1. Try a humidifier and essential oils: Humidifiers are great because you only have to turn them on to begin reaping the benefits they offer. They add moisture to their air so, if you suffer from asthma or allergies, these can help alleviate any dry coughs. Humidifiers are also great for eliminating allergens, allowing you to breathe more clearly (and the extra moisture is great for your skin). Essential oils can be used with a humidifier to add to the ambiance with invigorating scents. Essential oils come in a ton of variations, such as peppermint or lemon, often used to increase productivity. Essential oils themselves have a ton of health benefits too, so be sure to do your research and invest in those that will help you the most.

2. Put your desk by a window: I don’t know about everyone else, but when I’m feeling unproductive, fresh air and sunlight keep me going. Depending on how your room is arranged, being near an open window may be exactly what you need to get you away from the television screen and other distractions. Play some soft music, maybe even pull out the humidifier with some essential oils, and get to work!

3. Redecorate: This is always a go-to for me. I rearrange my room every 3 months or so…usually for no reason at all. But nonetheless, this is a really great way to bring some new life into your space.  This is even a great way to find a new bedroom aesthetic or spruce up your current one. The best place for some inspiration, in my personal opinion, is Pinterest. Add to the fun by planning a shopping trip to everyone’s favorite, TJ Maxx. Stock up on some new pieces and bring your room together…just don’t break the bank!