13 Places to Get Free Stuff on Your Birthday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

Everyone wants a little treat on their birthday, so to make getting treats more fun, here are 13 companies that want to wish you a happy birthday with free stuff! With most of them, you have to sign up for a rewards program, but you get more stuff throughout the year with this deal, so it’s a win-win, right?

1. Sephora’s Beauty Insider program lets you choose between two birthday present products that you can redeem at any time during your birth month. They’re sample size, but a little goes a long way, and it’s a good way to try out new products without spending money on the full size.

2. Starbucks My Rewards members get a free drink on their birthday. So if you don’t normally have the cash to splurge on a venti, go ahead and treat yourself. Happy birthday to you!

3. Club Cinnabon members get a random surprise sent via email for their birthday; members could receive practically any item from their menu for free. If your birthday wasn’t enough excitement, a warm and free cinnamon bun definitely will be.

4. Ulta’s Ultamate Rewards members get not only a free birthday gift, but also double points for their entire birthday month. If there’s something you’ve had your eye on, you might as well get yourself a little birthday present and double points to use for later.

5. MyDenny’s Loyalty program will earn you a free Grand Slam on your birthday if you’re into breakfast food (which I mean, who isn’t?). Some say you don’t even have to register for the loyalty program, but it will get you some more free or discounted stuff throughout the year so every day can be like your birthday.

6. J. Crew Factory will give you 20% off and free shipping on your birthday for signing up for Factory First, plus all of the regular membership bonuses throughout the year.

7. Krispy Kreme will give you a free doughnut on your birthday after signing up for their rewards program with their app.

8. Au Bon Pain’s EClub will send you a reward for a free sandwich or salad on your birthday. Plus, you get a free travel mug just for signing up for the program!

9. If you’re craving Bojangles on your birthday, sign up for their E-Club to get a free Bo-Berry Biscuit with a purchase on your birthday. Admittedly not the best on the list, since you have to buy something else to get it, but a free Bo-Berry Biscuit with something else is better than no Bo-Berry Biscuit.

10. Joining Pizza Hut’s Hut Rewards Program gets you a free offer on your birthday when you order online. Supposedly, it’s free cinnamon sticks.

11. CVS Beauty Club members get a $3 coupon on their birthday.

12. Old Navy offers a random surprise to their rewards program members on their birthdays. You’re not sure exactly what you’ll get, but it’s bound to be something good.

13. If your birthday is coming up and you need your eyebrows done, don’t spend money, just head over to a Benefit BrowBar and they’ll give you an arch for free on your birthday (hint: they don’t do it at all locations, so call ahead and make sure first)!

If you can’t (or don’t want to) cash in on any of this stuff, there’s plenty more out there so that your birthday can always be a little bit sweeter!

Becca Lynch is an English/Asian Studies double major at UNCG who's passionate about cats, desserts, and bad horror movies. She's the co-founder of the International and Global Studies Student Association (and has a mug to prove it.) She also spent time abroad in Japan at Ritsumeikan University and served as language coordinator for the UNCG Japanese Club for a year. When she isn't swamped with class work, she's planning off-kilter desserts as a personal challenge. You can can reach her by chanting her name three times in a darkened mirror. She'll be with you promptly.