This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCG chapter.

While winter is often presented as a time of loneliness and despair, for many it is a season of rebirth and hope of what is to come in the new year. Even though the cold weather tempts you to stay inside this time of year, here are some fashion-forward looks you’ll want to show off this winter.

1. Sterling Silver – By adding some daring, reflective items to your wardrobe, ice won’t be the only thing that shines this winter.

2. Double Denim – A classic throwback, this trend of pairing denim pieces with one another can actually give you a look that is refined and clean.

3. Plastic Chic – The subtle layering of clear plastic clothing over bright outfits allow you to show off some color this season while keeping your look safe from unpredictable weather.

4. Cozy Knits – Possibly the most traditional trend of winter, oversized sweaters reappear every year to provide a symbol of comfort and warmth during the frigid temperatures.

5. Polka Dots – This pattern can liven up any holiday look, but with such a whimsical print it is best to stick to just a black and white color scheme.

6. Office Wear – You might be free from work over the holiday season, but that doesn’t mean your chic gray suits have to stay in the closet. Break out a blazer or a pencil skirt to bring a hint of elegance to any casual outfit.

7. Turquoise – Traditionally seen as color of spring and summer, this bold hue is making an appearance this year to brighten up even the dullest winter.

8. Galactic Prints – Patterns such as stars or astronauts can help spice up a stale wardrobe and put a quirky twist on ordinary outfits.

9. Leopard Print – This versatile pattern can transform any look, from casual to glamorous, and reveals your hidden wild side.

10. Multicolored Faux Fur – The ultimate combination of function and fashion, brightly colored fur combats the chill of winter while making sure you stand out from the crowd.

This winter is all about challenging traditional styles while paying homage to others – a time for clarity and renewal. You can visit Vogue.com to learn about even more trends to try out this winter. Have fun shopping!

My name is Isabella Whitehead, but I mostly go by Bella. I am currently a sophomore at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro majoring in Consumer, Apparel and Retail Studies. I have been a part of the Her Campus UNCG team since Fall 2017 and will be stepping up this year as a Co-Campus Correspondent. Writing is a passion of mine and I enjoy working with HerCampus to inform, entertain and empower my fellow students.