This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCC chapter.

Life is good. I know it doesn’t seem like it everyday, but I promise, life is still good. Things don’t always go the way we want. You just failed the biggest test of the semester. The guy you like told you he could go to your date party but he just backed out at the last minute. I promise, everything will be OK because you are alive.

Over 150,000 people didn’t even get the opportunity to wake up today, but you did. You woke up this morning and were able to eat something for breakfast if you wanted it. You are alive and you have endless opportunities. Be thankful for them. There are so many people that would give anything to be in your shoes – bad days, bad dates, bad hair and all. Everything will be okay. You can start fresh tomorrow. Tomorrow is a new day where you can put everything bad that happened today behind you.

It’s the little things in life that mean the most. That’s where you can find joy even on your toughest days. If it is storming outside and you have to walk across campus to class, look for the rainbow. By finding happiness in something small, you have a reason to smile. Let that one thing remind you that life is good and that your day will be okay. Let that one thing change your whole day.

Your days are so busy and you have so much to get done. Sometimes you run out of time to get lunch and you haven’t caught up with your friends in a few days. It will be alright. Your busy days make you appreciate the days you just have one class and no homework even more. Cherish the busy days and the relaxed days. Busy days and relaxed days are both good things to have in your life.

Life is so good. Remember that. You are here today, so make it count. I know it’s hard to do that, trust me. Everything will work itself out. That’s the reason you shouldn’t worry about things, especially those things that are out of your control.