15 Unfortunate Things That Happen When You Are Unemployed in College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNCC chapter.

I don’t know what’s worse; working all through college and missing out on everything or being unemployed and still missing out on everything because you can’t afford it. Here are 15 unfortunate things that happen when you are unemployed in college, I know we’re all been there.

1. You don’t have money to go to the bar. 
  2. You sell your clothes to a thrift shop but only get $23 for 18 items.
  3. Then you realize you don’t have clothes to go to the bar in. 
  4. You text your parents to ask if you should donate your plasma for money.
  5. You go online to apply to campus jobs but no one is hiring. 
  6. You search for sugar daddy websites, but after serious consideration you decide not to download the app.
  7. You have applied to so many internships that you can’t keep track of what companies have actually contacted you back.
  8.  You can’t buy a handle of fireball every week, instead you have to downsize to the fifth.
  9.  You have to flirt with old men downtown to get free drinks, but they end up getting you Jaeger bombs that you can’t even keep down.
  10.  You actually look up the application process to become an Uber driver.
  11.  You turn down $2 beer nights at the bowling alley to save money for groceries.
  12.  Your groceries consist of only Ramen noodles.
  13.  You contemplate being a bartender but you realize that would take away your weekends and you would want to be drunk on the job.
  14.  You take the alcohol left after a party at your apartment and put it in your mini fridge before your roommates can get to it.
  15.  But at the end of the day you realize that $5 can really take you a long way.
Alissa is a 21-year-old senior at the University of North Carolina, Charlotte. She is a communications major and journalism minor with big plans to move to New York City and pursue a writing career after college. You can find her on Twitter or Instagram @alissaderogatis