Zach Miller ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Chapel Hill chapter.

He’s charming, loves Taylor Swift, and has a passion for flying. This guy is sure to sweep any girl off her feet. Meet this semester’s first Campus Cutie, Zach Miller.

Name: Zachary Miller
Nickname: Zach
Hometown: Virginia Beach, V.A.
Major: Political science and philosophy double major, astronomy minor
Relationship Status: Single
Horoscope: Aquarius

HC (Her Campus): What are you involved with on campus?
ZM (Zach Miller): I’m involved in Naval ROTC, which takes up a lot of my time. I’m also involved in RUF, which stands for Reformed University Fellowship. It’s a campus ministry.

HC: Describe your perfect girl.
ZM: She has to be caring and have a kind heart, be down to earth, and independent. She can’t be too clingy. She has to be able to take care of herself, especially since I’ll be gone so much. Oh, and I prefer brunettes.

HC: Who is your celebrity crush?
ZM: Taylor Swift — she’s an angel. I’ve loved her since whenever her first album came out.

HC: But she’s a blonde!
ZM: (Laughs) It’s true. There’s an exception to every rule.

HC: What about your ideal date?
ZM: I’m not too picky. As long as there’s a connection and it doesn’t end awkwardly. I think I’d go for a nice restaurant but not too fancy, I don’t want to scare her off.

HC: What’s your biggest turn off?
ZM: Girls who are mean spirited and complain a lot are definitely a turn off. And cigarettes. I don’t like girls who smoke.

HC: Tell us your first kiss story.
ZM: It was a dare. I was around ten years old with a girl from church.

HC: What about your first real kiss?
ZM: I was in high school. Sadly, it wasn’t that memorable.

HC: Do you have any regrets?
ZM: Thankfully, not any — I wish I could play more musical instruments. I play the piano since first grade but I want to learn the drums and guitar.

HC: If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be
and why?
ZM: I’d go to Europe. I want to start in England, go to France
and make my way around the continent.

HC: Do you have any tattoos?
ZM: I don’t have any but I want one eventually, I just don’t
know what of yet.

HC: What’s your best Carolina memory so far?
ZM: Definitely going to Wendy’s every week with my friends. We usually go on the weekends to the Carrboro one. I haven’t been to the one in the Union just yet.

HC: Where can we find you studying?
ZM: I enjoy studying at my house, where there’s nobody to disturb me.

HC: What do you do on your spare time?
ZM: I like to go to a lot of sporting events: soccer, baseball, etc. I also love watching How I Met Your Mother or just walking on Franklin Street.

HC: What do you want to do after you graduate?
ZM: I want to go to Pensacola, Florida and be a student naval aviator. That’s two more years of school to train to become a pilot.

HC: What’s your biggest secret?
ZM: Number one on my bucket list is to play Piano Man at a bar. I couldn’t top that with anything!

HC: And your motto is?
ZM: Glorify God. Enjoy him forever. 

Melissa Paniagua is a senior journalism major at The University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill, specializing in public relations. She is currently a fashion market intern at ELLE Magazine. On campus, Melissa acts as the Her Campus president as well as the vice president of the Carolina Association of Future Magazine Editors, UNC’s Ed2010 chapter. In the past, she has been an intern for Southern Weddings Magazine and a contributing writer for Her Campus. Melissa has an appreciation for all things innovative, artful and well designed and hopes to work in marketing for a women’s lifestyle magazine in the future!