This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UMKC chapter.

This article is in no way endorsing not doing assigned readings, studying for tests or finishing that five-page paper. If you do not do your homework in college, you are setting yourself up for failure, so please––DO YOUR HOMEWORK & STUDY. Nevertheless, these are my top five most bing-worthy shows on Netflix for those days where you absolutely can’t stand to read one more paragraph of your biology textbook. So, all aboard the Netflix Express!

1. Grey’s Anatomy Well, a show must be good if it has been on the air for 15 seasons. I have rewatched all 14 seasons on Netflix so many times that I know all the character’s lines in the first three episodes. The drama, the medicine, the amazing soundtrack and to top it all off, a whole handful of snacks––from Meredith Grey to Jackson Avery to Christina Yang to McDreamy himself. A good long binge of Grey’s can cure any procrastination sickness (or make it last a little longer).

2. The Fosters Three words––young Noah Centineo. The heartthrob did not start his career in “To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before,” but rather in this totally binge-worthy show full of high school drama and current societal issues. The family is so loveable that you’ll be wishing Stef and Lena are your moms. It might be slow at the beginning but stick with it, Centineo won’t disappoint!

3. NCIS I know what you are thinking, “Isn’t that the show my grandma watches on Sundays?” But, trust me on this one. Basically, NCIS is a government agency that nobody knows about––unless you watch this show. You will fall in love with the characters and orange colored walls. After watching 15 seasons, I truly think I have what it takes to join the Naval Criminal Investigative Service.

4. Scandal Grab some sparkling grape juice and a large bowl of popcorn and buckle in because boy-o-boy Shonda Rhimes packed drama into every corner of this show. Olivia Pope will make you want to move to Washington D.C., put on your white hat and save the mess that is our government. With more secrets than National Treasure, Scandal will never fail to entertain.

5. Designated Survivor

With only two seasons and a third to be released by Netflix in 2019, this young show has yet to disappoint. It’s full of government conspiracies that make you want to forget whatever you are studying right now to go and join the FBI on the spot. With more disasters than you could count on two hands, Designated Survivor will never make you click “Back to Browse.”

There you go! I hope you enjoy this list of shows full of government secrets, scandals galore, and wonderful-to-look-at doctors. Again, do your homework and study (you will thank me later), but add these to your list and binge away if you do ever need a VERY long break. The Netflix Express has left the station. CHOO CHOOOOO!

Amira is currently a senior at the University of Missouri-Kansas City. She is always smiling with a kombucha in her hand & blasting her multiple Céline Dion CD's in her car because duh, the radio can't beat Céline Dion. On any given day she will gladly talk your ear off about Grey's Anatomy, stronger background checks for gun purchases and why immigrants are some of the most important members of our society.
Krit graduated with English and Chemistry degrees from UMKC. As the President and founder of UMKC’s chapter, she hopes HC UMKC will continue to create content that inspires students. Some of her favorite things include coffee and writing.