As we make our way back to our universities this semester, we all have one new universal school supply—masks. During quarantine, I took some time to invest in new masks that can match almost every outfit while also providing protection during this pandemic. These are some of my favorites.

The Mighty Company

These masks support an incredible cause! One sold, one donated: For every mask bought, another will be donated to the Midnight Mission Homeless Shelter in Downtown Los Angeles. Be warned, these masks have LOUD personalities. The colors are bright and bold and definitely not for the faint of heart. I have the Pink Glitter mask and the Blue Glitter mask, and they are my favorite masks that I have found throughout this pandemic.

Eugenia Kim

With a bunch of fun designs and subtle colors, these masks are perfect for quick trips to the drive-thru to pick up a coffee or short runs to the grocery store. The mask that I have,  the sculpted mask in black satin, is super comfortable while also remaining stylish with any outfit. 

FIGS

Sitting perfectly under your lenses, these masks provide excellent protection without fogging your glasses. They are built in larger sizes to fit over N95’s for healthcare professionals as well. I feel like I can breathe easily in these masks, as the fabric stays pretty cool. They are also made with a slot for replaceable filters that need to be changed every 12 hours. The masks from FIGS are soft and are made in various fun colors!

These masks brands have definitely been my favorites when it comes to shopping for masks. Please remember to wear a mask, not only to protect yourself, but to protect others. It’s a scary time while case numbers keep rising here in the United States, but right now all we can do is follow our state guidelines and wear masks in public spaces. Now is the time to be socially responsible and encourage others to do the same. Stay healthy and stay safe.

Amira is currently a senior at the University of Missouri-Kansas City. She is always smiling with a kombucha in her hand & blasting her multiple Céline Dion CD's in her car because duh, the radio can't beat Céline Dion. On any given day she will gladly talk your ear off about Grey's Anatomy, stronger background checks for gun purchases and why immigrants are some of the most important members of our society.