This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UMKC chapter.

To my curly girls, we all know the struggle of standing in front of the mirror crying out of pure frustration because our hair doesn’t look the way we want it to after putting so much time and effort into styling it. I’ve been in that place a number of times and regardless of whether it be an early morning before school or a late night before going out with friends, it sucks. For years, no matter how many new hair products or styling techniques I tried out, it seemed as if nothing would work to replenish and manage my curls. I felt as if all hope was lost until I finally had found the holy grail for gorgeously defined curls: the Denman Brush.

You may be wondering, what’s so special about this brush? Well, the answer is quite simple: the Denman Brush’s staggered pin design allows you to detangle and sculpt your curls into the perfect pattern while also detangling your hair and reducing frizz during use. Not only that, but you can also adjust the brush by removing or adding the rows of pins to make it suitable for your personal hair needs! The addition or removal of rows can either detangle your hair or enhance your curl definition depending on your preference. 

So, how did I know if the Denman Brush was the right pick for me? Well, from the moment my best friend sent me a TikTok about it, I knew I had to try it out for myself. I spent weeks doing research about the brush and how to properly use it, I finally came to the conclusion that the D3 Original Styler 7 Row was the best Denman Brush for me. As for the techniques you should use, that is totally up to you and what goals you want to achieve with your hair. For me personally, I am still learning which tips and tricks work best for my hair, but I have found Youtube a very helpful resource to guide me in the right direction.

It’s been three months since I’ve purchased my Denman Brush and I couldn’t be happier; I solemnly believe that it was the best $20 purchase I have ever made. To anyone questioning whether or not to buy this brush, I would tell them that it’s worth every penny and I would 100% recommend them to buy it. Not only has the Denman Brush helped me feel more beautiful and confident in my curls, but it has also changed my entire curly hair routine, but that’s a different discussion for another article.

Brylee is currently a freshman at the University of Missouri-Kansas City, and is a pre-nursing major. She loves to travel, shop, and spend time with her family and friends. In her free time, you can typically find Brylee playing with makeup, painting, or watching TVD on Netflix.
Krit graduated with English and Chemistry degrees from UMKC. As the President and founder of UMKC’s chapter, she hopes HC UMKC will continue to create content that inspires students. Some of her favorite things include coffee and writing.