This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UMKC chapter.

Two of my absolute favorite things in the world are love and movies; rom-coms are my catnip. I’m a perpetually single hopeless romantic, so I love living vicariously through cute celebrity couples. What could possibly be better than two gorgeous, rich, talented people being in love in front of all of us? Two gorgeous, rich, talented people FALLING in love in front of all of is. Yep, I’m talking about when people start as costars and then realize that the chemistry between them is too real to deny. Maybe it’s the onscreen love becoming real, or maybe it’s just my chronic singleness showing, but I can’t get enough of adorable love stories like these.

Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart

Sprouse (Yes, “Suite Life of Zack and Cody”) and Reinhart met when they were both cast in the CW’s hit tv show “Riverdale.” “Riverdale” is based on the classic Archie comics, and Sprouse and Reinhart make up fan favorite couple Jughead Jones and Betty Cooper. While watching “Riverdale” for the first time, I definitely fell in love with their relationship, and I remember being absolutely overjoyed when the news hit in April of last year that Sprouse and Reinhart were dating off-screen as well.

Rami Malek and Lucy Boynton

I’ve gotta be honest, I’m partial to this duo. Malek and Boynton first met in 2017 when filming began for “Bohemian Rhapsody”, a biopic about one of my favorite bands of all time, Queen. Malek was cast as lead singer and huge personality Freddie Mercury. Boynton played Mercury’s temporary wife and lifelong best friend Mary Austin. Malek and Boynton hit it off instantly, but didn’t begin dating publicly until January of this year. They are absolutely precious together, and Malek even thanked Boynton (adorable moment starts at 4:30) while accepting his Oscar for Best Actor, saying “Lucy Boynton, you’re the heart of this film. You are beyond immensely talented. You’ve captured my heart. Thank you so much.” SWOON!

Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis

Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis are, in my opinion, the OG on-screen couple turned real-life lovers. Kutcher and Kunis played boyfriend and girlfriend Michael Kelso and Jackie Burkhart on the popular sitcom “That 70s Show”. Aside from being absolutely perfect for each other and two of the most gorgeous human beings I’ve ever seen, Kutcher and Kunis are genuinely good people. If you ever need to smile, look up compilations of these two being adorable.

Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth

Perhaps the epitome of this type of couple is everyone’s favorite redemption story: Miley and Liam. Miley and Liam played star crossed lovers in the 2010 movie “The Last Song,” which is based on the Nicholas Sparks novel of the same name. Later that year, they were one of Hollywood’s favorite couples. Cyrus and Hemsworth maintained an on-again, off-again relationship for years, and much to our delight, married in December 2018. I, for one, am a big fan of this Nicholas Spark-esque real-life love story!

So there you have it. I love these couples and I love living vicariously through their love. There’s just something about two people doing their jobs and accidentally falling in love. It makes me believe that there is someone out there for everyone; like sometimes, love finds you where you least expect it. And I think that’s pretty darn cool.

Anna is currently a senior at UMKC studying Health Sciences and Public Health, with a goal of working in the nonprofit world. Anna's passion is advocating for people living with chronic illnesses through her work with the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation. In her free time, Anna can be found obsessing over Panic! at the Disco and Queen while drinking coffee and watching romantic comedies or listening to podcasts.
Krit graduated with English and Chemistry degrees from UMKC. As the President and founder of UMKC’s chapter, she hopes HC UMKC will continue to create content that inspires students. Some of her favorite things include coffee and writing.