This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UMKC chapter.

I am a self-proclaimed hopeless romantic. I love rom-coms and love songs. Despite having never been in a serious relationship, I’m a big fan of Valentine’s Day (I know, unpopular opinion). Have you ever wondered if you too are a hopeless romantic? Well, wonder no more! I have created this super scientific (not really) quiz to definitively determine your level of hopeless romantic. So without further ado, I present to you the, “Are You a Hopeless Romantic?” quiz. Keep track of how many times you answer “yes” to the questions below.

Do you secretly play rom-com meet-cutes in your head?

The meet-cute is the part of a romantic comedy in which the couple meets for the first time, usually in some cheesy, unrealistic way. Whether it’s locking eyes through the stacks at a library or getting stuck in an elevator together, true hopeless romantics can’t help but indulge in these fun fantasies.

Do you have a wedding pinterest board but no significant other?

I have never been in a serious relationship, but I can tell you exactly how I plan to ask my friends to be bridesmaids. I know that I want caesar salad served in martini glasses (sounds crazy, but it’s gonna be awesome) and I know that I want people dancing ALL night. The wedding side of Pinterest is like catnip to hopeless romantics.

Do you scream love-themed power ballads in your car by yourself?

As I type these very words, I am listening to “Can’t Fight This Feeling” by REO Speedwagon and using all my strength to not belt it out in this coffee shop. Whether I’m intensely crushing or living my best single life, I will always blast Phil Collins, Whitney Houston, Celine Dion and other ballad masters for all to hear, and I’m sure other hopeless romantics can relate.

Have you ever planned your future with an attractive stranger?

I can see a cute guy in line at Chipotle and have our wedding planned, our kids and dogs named and our life plan laid out before I even order my burrito bowl. This may sound creepy, but it’s all harmless and normal for hopeless romantics (right?).

Have you ever made wedding plans after making eye contact with your crush?

Yes, I text my friends about their bridesmaids dresses when my crush looks in my general direction. If he holds a door open for me, game over. We’re setting a date. Hopeless romantics can’t help but imagine themselves marrying or being with their one true love (who is probably not that one frat guy, but it’s the thought that counts). 

Tally up how many questions you answered “yes” to, then see your results below.

0-1: You have a frozen heart (Just kidding, you’re probably perfectly awesome, just not all lovey-dovey) 

2-3: Like most people, you like the idea of love, but you don’t plan out a romance-filled future with every cute person you see. Congrats on being emotionally stable!

4-5: You are head over heels in love with love. Welcome to the Hopeless Romantics Club!

Anna is currently a senior at UMKC studying Health Sciences and Public Health, with a goal of working in the nonprofit world. Anna's passion is advocating for people living with chronic illnesses through her work with the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation. In her free time, Anna can be found obsessing over Panic! at the Disco and Queen while drinking coffee and watching romantic comedies or listening to podcasts.