This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UMKC chapter.

Who are the Try Guys?

For those who are unaware of who the Try Guys are: they are a group of four men who try different things on the internet for entertainment. This group consisted of Eugene Lee Yang, Keith Habersberger, Zach Kornfeld and Ned Fulmer. The group first made an appearance on Buzzfeed, a popular Youtube Channel, back in 2014. In 2018, they left Buzzfeed to start their own company: 2nd Try, LLC. Their most popular videos currently are “The Try Guys Get Their Bones Cracked” and “The Try Guys Bake Pie Without a Recipe.” The group has ventured out and started their own podcast (The Trypod), released a book, created a TV series and toured the states in 2019. 

Ned Fulmer Drama

The Try Guys brand all started to fall apart when pictures came out of member Ned Fulmer kissing Alex Herring, employee and producer of the Try Guys. As someone who is a fan and saw them live on tour, I was shocked when I saw the Ned Fulmer cheating rumors circling on the internet. He was known as the guy who loved his wife and kids. One of his main catchphrases was “my wife” and bringing up his wife whenever it was possible. A photo of Ned and Alex kissing publicly at a club in New York started circling the internet in September. The pair were also spotted at a Harry Styles concert on September 1st. There have also been a handful of people releasing statements about how they have seen them together way before September. The different reports suggest that this relationship has existed for a while. There aren’t any reports on when or how the relationship started but Ned did release a statement on Instagram to confirm the rumors. He said that he lost focus on his family and had a “consensual workplace relationship.” Alex has not made any public statements about this situation. 

On September 27th, after all the news came out, the Try Guys made a public statement stating that Ned Fulmer was no longer a part of the Try Guys. Then on October 4th, they released a short Youtube video that now has 9.2 million views, explaining everything and predicting the future of their channel. They said there are a lot of legal issues to take care of but wanted to assert that they have a zero tolerance policy for the situation that happened. They also stated that they were unaware of the cheating until Labor Day weekend. Once they found out, they slowly started editing Ned out of their videos. The entire video left a lot of fans with the feeling that the guys wanted to say more regarding the situation; however, they need to be cautious with their words. 

Future of the Try Guys

The Try Guys will continue as a trio. They will continue to release videos without Ned and rebrand the channel with three guys instead of four. Right now, I think the remaining three are trying to navigate this situation and prioritize the legal matters. Ned Fulmer has not released any more statements, but he was interrogated by the paparazzi  with his wife, Ariel, and they said they are working things out. Ariel released a public statement asking the public to respect her family’s privacy. The main focus right now should be supporting the Try Guys as well as showing respect to Ariel and Alex Herrings’ presumed ex-fiance who she had been involved with for 10+ years.

Keith’s wife, Becky, has fans waiting for a response. She has made a few TikToks about the situation, but they haven’t contained a lot of information. Fans will now wait patiently for a Becky and Eugene tell-all podcast episode.

Hello everyone! I am a first-year student at UMKC studying criminal justice and psychology. Despite not being an education major, I love working with children. In my free time, I can be found at a preschool or babysitting. Some of my hobbies are journaling and baking. I can also often be found re-watching the vampire diaries or binging 80s movies.