This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UMKC chapter.

Traveling with family is one of my favorite memories of my childhood and even now. Sometimes we would go out of the country, but many times for shorter breaks we traveled  within the US. It’s always great to spend time with family, and it’s even better if you can travel somewhere fun with them! Here are a couple of places in the US that I think are perfect to go with family! 

Niagara Falls

Niagara Falls is one of the most popular destinations in the US to visit with your family. I have visited many  times with my family, and also been to the Canadian side! Niagara Falls is a breathtaking waterfall that is in both the US and Canada. I had an amazing time when I visited when I was younger, especially because  it was so family friendly! We were able to get up close to the waterfall (they gave us ponchos beforehand). The Canadian side of Niagara is also a place that you should definitely visit with your family as well!

Smoky Mountains

I went to the Smoky Mountains a couple of years ago, and it is one of my most memorable vacations ever. There is so much to do there, especially with your family. One of the best parts of the Smoky Mountains is  zip lining. You do it with a guide and there are around 5 or more towers that you can do! It was the most exhilarating thing that I have ever done and I will always remember that feeling. You can also white water raft; I did the beginner one with my family, but I know that there are harder rivers that are more advanced. 

Branson

I went to Branson, MO with my friends, but many of the places we went to were family-friendly! There are many amusement parks like Silver Dollar City, Track Family fun park and Sheppard of the Hills Adventure park. Branson also has many sightseeing places as well that you can enjoy with your family! 

Chicago

There is so much to see and do in Chicago, whether you are with family or by yourself. There are the usual sightseeing spots like the Bean, Navy Pier and the Zoo. There are also many restaurants that you can try. Last time I went to Chicago, I ate at an Indian restaurant called Moti Mahal that I loved! Make sure you try deep dish pizza too! 

These are just some of the places in the US that are perfect to visit with the family; there are so many more as well! I hope you guys enjoy visiting these places. Whether it is by yourself, with friends or with family; I am sure you will have an amazing time! 

Hi! My name is Shreevarsha and I am currently a third year in the 6 year B.A./M.D. program at UMKC! My hobbies include doing art and reading!