Winter is Coming, So It’s Time to Start Your Warm Drink Wishlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

Baby, it’s cold outside. Let’s start thinking about what should be on your warm drink wishlist.

Every year, I always buy cold drinks even in the dead of winter (I’m a total Frappuccino advocate). But I went out of my comfort zone recently and tried a hot, flavored coffee at Starbucks and I must say, it was amazing.

Here’s a list of Starbucks drinks that I have on my wishlist to try this upcoming winter and holiday season, and you should, too:

• Peppermint Mocha

This is the first hot drink I tried at Starbucks, and while it’s only offered seasonally, it’s amazing and that’s why it’s top on my list. This drink is flavored with peppermint syrup and sweet mocha sauce making it a must-try before the holidays are over!

• Cinnamon Dolce Latte

Every time I see this listed on Starbucks’ menu, I try to convince myself to try it. But this season, I know I finally will! With cinnamon dolce flavored syrup topped with whipped cream and cinnamon topping, this is the perfect holiday drink.

• Gingerbread Latte

Gingerbread lovers unite for this seasonal offering! I will be trying this drink soon enough because its gingerbread and nutmeg flavors sound amazing. I love all things gingerbread, and I can’t wait to try this one!

• Caramel Macchiato

Caramel tops my list as one of my favorite flavors, so this caramel macchiato from Starbucks is a no-brainer for a list of drinks to try. With its vanilla flavored syrup and caramel topping, this must be wonderful.

• Snickerdoodle Hot Cocoa

A cookie mixed with hot cocoa? Absolutely. Filled with white chocolate, cinnamon dolce syrup and topped with cinnamon sugar, I can’t wait to try this one!

These five drinks are sure to not only keep you warm, but taste amazing this winter season. I’m excited to try these, and you should get your hands on them, too!

Hannah Woosley is a senior at the University of Kentucky majoring in print journalism and minoring in history. She is a staff writer and co-editor for Her Campus UK. She is also a columnist and assistant opinions editor for UK’s student-run school newspaper, The Kentucky Kernel. In her free time, she enjoys being outdoors hiking, swimming and practicing yoga. She adores animals and has two, six-year-old cats. You can catch Hannah writing an article, watching her favorite shows on Netflix, drinking an iced coffee or enjoying some time outdoors.