What if You Meet Your Soul Mate Tomorrow?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

“When connections are real, they simply never die. They can be buried, or ignored or walked away from, but never broken. If you’ve deeply resonated with another person or place, the connection remains despite any distance, time, situation, lack of presence, or circumstance. If you`re doubtful, then just try it- go and revisit a person or place and see if there`s any sense at all of the space between now and then. If it was truly real, you`ll be instantly swept back into the moment it was before it left- during the same year and place with the same wonder and hope, comfort and heartbeat. Real connections live on forever.”-Victoria Erickson

What if? It’s a simple question with a million different complicated answers. It’s something we probably ask ourselves at least once a day. What if this happens, which could lead to this and then to this? Any question you ask yourself could easily be turned into a “what if” question. But, I think one of the most asked questions is what if I meet my soul mate tomorrow?

What if the person you have dreamed about your whole life walks in class, sits next to you, and you instantaneously hit it off. Or what if they walk by you on campus and you both do the “We just made awkward eye contact so now I’m going to smile at you” look, and then later that evening, day or week, you randomly run into this person. It suddenly hits you that maybe fate is working in your corner.

Any right-minded single person thinks about this question on a day-to-day basis. They go through life everyday wondering, maybe even hoping that this is going to happen to them and if it happened, it would be a modern day fairytale.

It’s amazing how one day someone will walk in your life, and change it forever. It`s like life before them never existed and life without them seems unfathomable. I guess that’s how soul mates are supposed to make you feel. They are supposed to make you feel like you`re the only person that matters to them. They are supposed to do and say all the right things. They are supposed to accept you in all your forms, good or bad.

But, they are also supposed to change you. Not change who you are, but make your existing qualities better. They should compliment you in a way that no other has ever come close. They should make you think about things differently. They should make you want to be a better person, not only for yourself, but for them too.

Soul mates are weird though. Sometimes they can come into your life and then leave for a while. Maybe there is a part of you that isn’t ready for that person at that time or maybe neither of you are ready for each other. The universe has a crazy way of bringing people back together that are meant to be.

So, what if you meet your soul mate tomorrow? What would you do? Would you go with the flow and let whatever is supposed to happen take place? Or would you try to stop it?

Here`s something to think about. What if you’ve known them your whole life and fate is just waiting to jump in and take over?

Or maybe the person that you least expect could be your forever.

Photo Credit:

Pinterest.com 

"All you need is faith, trust, and pixie dust."