What to Expect in Riverdale Season 2

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

With the season two premiere of Riverdale airing October 11, fans everywhere cannot contain their excitement. What can we expect from this season though now that we finally found out who murdered Jason?

Caution: This contains spoilers!

• The Absence of Fred Andrews

The season finale had us all on the edge of our seats as a masked man appeared in Pop’s and shot our beloved Fred. The trailer for season two does show Archie’s dad lying unconscious hooked up to machines in a hospital, but no trailer has shown him well after that. I believe we will see little to none of Fred this season while he is in a coma state.

• Hiram Lodge

We have waited too long for Veronica’s dad to finally make his appearance. It is confirmed by producers and the trailers that he will be a member of the show this season and will be played by Mark Consuelos. With Hiram finally coming into town and Fred now in a coma state, could this be the perfect opportunity to for the Lodges to seize Mr. Andrews’ business? Now that I think about it, could it be a motive for someone to shoot Fred?

• The Birth of Polly’s Twins

With Polly showing and getting bigger with each episode, there is no doubt we will likely see two sweet, red-headed babies making their debut. Do not forget her dad refused to raise a Blossom baby in his house, much less two! This being said, what will Cheryl do? With the way she has been acting at the end of last season, it is scary to think about. I’m sure we will definitely see conflict here.

• The End of Bughead?

Betty definitely did not seem too happy to see Jughead in that leather jacket in the season one finale. She is already worried about his new school and their distance apart being an issue. There has been lots of talk also about a new female being introduced, played by Vanessa Morgan, that may cause some trouble for the couple. She is a member of the Serpents, so as much as I hate to admit it, it is definitely a possibility.

Taylon is a senior English student student at UK. She is both a Staff Writer and Social Media Director for Her Campus UK. She is involved in College Mentors for Kids as the Vice President of Fundraising, Sigma Tau Delta - English Honors Fraternity, and Robinson Scholars. Her go-to Starbucks drink is an iced cold brew with almond milk and two pumps of white chocolate mocha.