What to do With Your Life Now That Game of Thrones Season 7 Has Ended

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

Photo Courtesy of Pexels

It has been over a week since the season finale of Game of Thrones. I am in shock and you probably are as well, but it is time to go back to your normal everyday life. The life that you had been living so well until Game of Thrones finally came back. Now that GoT is over, for now, here are some things that you can do to get your life back on track until the next season comes.

• Finally read the books

Come on, you and I both know that the majority of GoT watchers have not read the books. It is not a bad thing, but I think that it is finally time to give it a shot considering season eight is supposed to come out in 2019.

• Stop anticipating the next episode and catch up on homework

I know that before the season ended all I could do is read articles about the show and theories that people have came up with. I am still reading the articles, but since the season has ended I am trying to get back in the “school” mindset.

• Do some household chores

With GoT coming on every Sunday there was definitely no time to fold laundry, do dishes or vacuum. There was no time in the day to think about doing anything else other than think about GoT and what will happen next. It is time to stop biting those nails and worrying about whether or not your favorite character will die. With all of this free time and available headspace you now have the time to think about how much laundry has piled up in the past eight weeks since GoT season seven first aired.

• Go for a walk

We all know that you have not been out of the house since GoT came back on. It is time to get back out there. Swipe the popcorn kernels off of yourself and take a shower. I know we are all still stunned from the season finale, but it has been over a week, you can start blinking again. Also, close your mouth, you have been drooling everywhere. Once you have done those things, take a walk. It has been a week since you have been to think freely about something other than GoT, you need to clear your head and take some breaths of fresh air.

We have a while until the next season comes, in the meantime you should probably start focusing on getting your life back together and living while Game of Thrones is in production. I will be over here folding the loads of laundry that have piled up the past few weeks, what are you going to do?

I may never win a Pulitzer, but I will be doing something that makes me happy and I would not change that.