UK’s Uptown Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.
TrusT lounge
123 West Main Street
           859.329.9670
TrusT Lounge 
123 W Main Street
www.trustlex.com
859.329.9670

The Three Amigos
Owner Andy Shea (right) with general manager Kerry Glass (center) and house DJ Matt Price (left) get ready for a packed weekend at TrusT Lounge.

Jazz Lounge 
 Tuesday – Friday

5 – 9:30 p.m.

Features:
  • Live Jazz starts at 6 p.m.
  • After work / school cocktails
  • Close walk from campus and downtown locations
  • Private VIP Lounges available 
  • Two Bars!

The perfect place to unwind after a long or stressful day or to celebrate with friends, classmates or co-workers, TrusT Lounge offers something that no other place in Lexington manages to pull off: THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS! It’s both old and fresh, modern and comfortable, laid-back and sophisticated.

I don’t know how owner Andy Shea managed to pull it off with such grace and seemingly effortless charisma. But he does, and the result is something we have yet to see in Lexington: a perfect blending of old school charm and modern sex appeal.

TrusT is sexy. There is no doubt about it. And if professionally mixed drinks and live jazz don’t do it for you, come later in the night to get a top-notch dance club experience.

Dance Club
Thursday – Saturday
10 p.m. – 2:30 a.m.

Features:
  • Live DJ spinning the latest music for your dancing pleasure
  • Cab services available to get you home safely
  • VIP Lounges for your privacy
  • The hottest music around
  • A hot spot, you don’t want to miss being seen at TrusT!

House DJ Matt Price spins the most recent hip-hop and house music. His talent is recognized all over Lexington and beyond. TrusT is lucky to have him because he creates beats and vibes that will have you begging for more. His talent for mixing old school hip-hop with more modern dance beats has you feeling both electrified and energized all night long.

TrusT may seem intimidating at first glance, with its beautifully redecorated atmosphere and perfect details, but I assure you it’s not. Once you settle into one of their plush booths or cozy rolled back bar loungers you’ll feel right at home. Even better yet, you’ll feel like you are in a posh larger city, reminiscent of hot dance clubs in Manhattan. TrusT is an oasis of sorts, quenching a thirst this city has had for a long time. Drink it in…you deserve it!

By gutting an old bank building in Downtown Lexington, Shea and Glass added a modern flare while preserving the historical details of the space. 

Lauren Conrad is a Print & Online Journalism senior at the University of Kentucky. After graduating UK with a degree in Sociology, Lauren spent two years working in marketing in Cincinnati, Ohio before deciding to move back to Lexington to enroll in UK's journalism program. Born in New Jersey, Lauren moved to the south at a young age and considers herself a southern girl at heart. A proud Wildcat, Lauren enjoys rooting for all UK sports. Always open for new beginnings, Lauren is excited to be a part of the Her Campus team and for whatever new challenges may come her way after graduation!