The Top 5 New Hallmark Christmas Movies You Should Be Watching this Holiday Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

Every year, Hallmark releases a ton of new movies for their Countdown to Christmas. Here are just a few of this year’s upcoming ones that’ll give you the excuse you’ve been looking for to cuddle up on the couch with a big cup of hot chocolate and a cozy blanket:

• Christmas at Graceland

Anyone out there an avid American Idol fan? If you are, you just might notice a familiar face as the star in this movie: Kellie Pickler. Just in case you don’t remember her, she’s a country artist who got her fame on the fifth season of American Idol.

Pickler plays a businesswoman named Laurel who travels to Memphis in hopes of finalizing a business deal involving one of the local banks. On her trip, she encounters a past love named Clay, played by Wes Brown, who pulls her away from the business aspects into a more reminiscent feel when he reminds her of their time as an almost-famous musical duo.

Be sure to tune in to Christmas at Graceland Saturday, Nov. 17 at 8 p.m. You can find the preview here.

• Pride, Prejudice, and Mistletoe

Everyone loved Lacey Chabert as Gretchen Weiners in Mean Girls, but since then she’s appeared in some of my favorite Hallmark movies. This year she’ll be playing Darcy, a hard-working woman who starts her own business rather than work with her father, from Melissa de la Cruz’s book that shares the same title as the movie. She returns home for Christmas to find she is forced to work with an old rival Luke to plan a charity event. As she begins to spend time with Luke and her family, Darcy finds inspiration to mend her relationships with both her family and Luke. Tune in on Nov. 23 at 8 p.m. to see how the story turns out!

• A Shoe Addict’s Christmas

Candace Cameron Bure has been a staple on Hallmark for many years. You may know her as DJ Tanner from Full House, but get ready to see her as Noelle in Hallmark’s modern take on A Christmas Carol. Noelle is at a point in her life where things just seem to be on the downhill. One night at her dead-end department store job, she accidentally gets locked in the store after closing. After accepting the fact that she’d have to spend the night, a strange woman appears and claims to be her guardian angel. The guardian angel guides through Christmases past, present, and future helping her to get out of her life rut and maybe even find love along the way. Join Noelle on her journey on November 25th at 8 pm!

• Entertaining Christmas

Yet again, another Full House star Jodie Sweetin will be the star in this one. She plays Candace, the heir to her mother’s Martha Stewart-like entertainment fortune. However, Candace doesn’t exactly seem suited for the job considering she isn’t the best cook or seamstress or television personality. One of her mother’s young fans asks for a special Christmas surprise for the return of her deployed father, but instead of going herself, she sends Candace to prove she’s capable of handling the face of the company. Candace tried her hardness to make the best out of her predicament, but one local reporter (who just so happens to be the young fan’s uncle)  just seems to be using her for his next story.

If you’re looking for something to watch on Dec.15 at 8 p.m., be sure to flip over to Hallmark for this new movie!

• A Gingerbread Romance

Listen here Sister, Sister, Tia Mowry-Hardrict is in this one. I repeat Tia Mowry-Hardrict. If you’re like me, this is an automatic sale, but I guess some people would like to know the plot. Mowry plays an architect named Taylor participates in a contest to make a life-size gingerbread house. When her baker backs out, Taylor pleads to a local baker named Adam to help her. Ironically, Taylor designs houses but has always feared to find her “home” because it may be temporary. Eventually, Taylor and Adam’s time together may just help Taylor to find the home she’s been searching for all along. Catch this Christmas tale on Dec 16 at 8 p.m.!

I hope you all enjoy these movies and are sure to checkout the Hallmark Channel website for the rest of Hallmark’s Countdown to Christmas!

Haley is a sophomore Journalism major at the University of Kentucky with a minor in Environmental and Sustainability Studies. When she’s not writing, she spends her time watching lots of movies, hanging out with her amazing boyfriend, and doing service projects in the community.