A Toast to the Game of Thrones Season 7 Finale

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

You do not know me but if there is anything you need to know it is that I have a slight obsession with Game of Thrones.

Emphasis on slight because that is literally the understatement of my life.

Let us fast forward through the past seven seasons of awesomeness that the show has brought us with the excruciating, much needed and heart-shattering deaths, the characters you would kill with your own hands, the characters that have grown so much since season one that make you so proud, and the relationships – romantic and platonic – that have blossomed into something beautiful you could actually cry.

Here we are at the show’s latest episode, season finale of season seven.

Let us all just take a moment to appreciate the masterpiece that was “The Dragon and the Wolf”. The title of this episode alone made me so happy because it foreshadowed what I have – no what we have – wanted to happen for so long. I would say but…

I am actually willing to forgive the fact that there were only seven episodes in this season because of this episode. No, I lied. I am still in full raging depression mode about that, what about the other three?!

I have never been as happy as I was to see someone die, as when Littlefinger did. Do not get me wrong I LOVE his character but he HAD to go.

Maybe it’s because I am still not completely over the fact that he is the reason Ned Stark is dead. The fact that they bring this up shows that no one is really over it.

I mean how can you be? It was NED STARK *crying emoji*.

*SPOILER ALERT*

So, quick highlights of this episode Cersei saw the whitewalker, and pledged to fight by their side during the Great war, but as expected, knowing Cersei is a back-stabbing witch, this is not going to happen. Littlefinger is dead (hallelujah) which means Arya and Sansa’s bond just got stronger. We know Jon Snow is Aegon Targaryen and the army of the dead has crossed The Wall.

That’s it.

Nope. I tried to be nonchalant about the last two but I could not do.

OH MY GOD! Jon Snow – no Aegon Targaryen – and the whitewalkers. They literally blew my mind. I have had a suspicion for a while that Jon Snow was not a bastard but the fact that Samwell Tarley and Bran Stark know just make it so real. Let just appreciate Sam more for all the good he has brought to the show.

Then there is the whitewalkers, I am more upset about the fact that the night king used one of Dany’s dragons than I am about them crossing the wall. How are they supposed to defeat the Night King now? He has a dragon and hundreds of thousands of dead soldiers!

I do not know about you or what you think but season eight of Game of Thrones is going to be fire!

Is it not hilarious how at the beginning of this season they made you feel repulsed at the thought of insect but at the end you are pretty much cheering it on? Only in Game of Thrones.

Abby Olaleye is a junior at the University of Kentucky. I'm currently majoring in Biosystems Engineering with a minor in Biomedical Engineering. I'm a writer for HerCampus because writing is fun and a better way to procastinate.