Style

Three Outfit Ideas for a Cute and Casual Holiday Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

With the holidays just around the corner, everybody is getting ready to enjoy their favorite foods, watch their favorite movies and spend some time at home. But along with all the festivities comes the need to pick out the perfect outfit for the occasion. Since the holidays are probably going to look a little bit different this year, here are some outfit ideas for a more casual, but still chic, holiday season.

The Sweater Dress

Although holiday parties are going to be much smaller this year, you might still be able to have a Friendsgiving party with some of your closest girlfriends, or you might be hosting a holiday get-together with your immediate family. For this sort of occasion, a sweater dress and some cute boots is the perfect look. You’ll still look put-together and pretty, but the coziness of the dress will keep you comfy enough to lounge around at home.

The Knit Set

This is a look you’ve probably been seeing all over your Instagram for the past few months and it’s simply perfect for this holiday season. A cute cardigan and matching knit top paired with your favorite pair of jeans is a trendy and effortless option for watching Christmas movies with friends or baking cookies with your family.

The Layered Crewneck

Yet another look we’ve seen styled hundreds of times this fall, the crewneck sweatshirt layered over a button-up or turtleneck is probably the comfiest outfit of all. If you’re going the virtual route this year, this option with a pair of leggings or yoga pants will keep you looking cute, but feeling cozy, on your Thanksgiving Zoom call.

While nobody wants to spend the holidays in quarantine, there will still be ways to make it fun. Allow yourself the time to appreciate the little things this year and focus on all that you have to be grateful for. Enjoy the time you are able to spend with your family and reach out to those who you cannot see in person. Oh, and of course, don’t forget that you can still look good while doing it!

Emily Sheets is a junior a the University of Kentucky majoring in Merchandising, Apparel and Textiles and minoring in Spanish. In her free time, Emily enjoys reading, spending time with friends and family, and styling outfits. She is passionate about her field of study and hopes to pursue a career in the fashion industry one day. You can find her on Instagram @emilysheets1002.