This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

Lexington, KY is full of things to do! Throughout my time at the University of Kentucky, I have compiled a short list of all the things to do and places to visit in Lexington! The list is always growing and this is by no means a comprehensive list! This list contains recommendations from current students at UK!

Take a stroll at the arboretum

The arboretum at UK is also the State Botanical Garden and is 100 acres of nature. The arboretum is full of beautiful plants and flowers. Use the two-mile walking path or have a picnic at one of the provided tables. 

Go thrifting

Downtown Lexington and throughout the city, you will find plenty of nifty thrift stores to spend hours looking at all they have to enjoy! 

Visit Keeneland

You can’t visit Lexington and not visit Keeneland! Keeneland is home to a horse racing track as well as an auction facility. Take a tour of the grounds or see a race, there is something for everyone at Keeneland!

Catch a game at Rupp Arena

If you’re a UK student, odds are you’ve been to a game at Rupp! When basketball isn’t being played Rupp Arena hosts concerts and other events throughout the year!

Visit Distilleries 

While I’m not of legal age to drink anything the distilleries in Lexington produce, they can still be a great place to visit! Many distilleries in the area have a rich history that can be fun to experience!

Visit the endless Lexington restaurant scene

Whether you’re catching up with friends at A Cup of Common Wealth or grabbing a bite with your significant other at Local Taco, there’s something in Lexington for everyone! Popular recommendations from UK students include Bourbon n’ Toulouse, Carson’s, Crank and Boom, Malone’s, and Ramsey’s!

No matter if it’s your first year at UK or your last, there’s always something to do in Lexington! Find your group of friends and the possibilities are endless!

Community and Leadership Development Major & Political Science minor at the University of Kentucky.