Style

Spring Fashion Ideas for 2018

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UK chapter.

As the weather starts to get warmer and the days last longer, it is time to switch winter clothes out for your spring and summer wardrobe. I have been seeing a lot of companies start advertising their new designs.

Photo courtesy of polyvore.com

• Two- Piece Sets

These are a huge hit right now. The most popular designs are a matching top and short set or one with a skirt. These outfits are really cute and fun and are a huge hit among our age group. A bunch of different stores have these outfits in style. I have seen some cute sets at Forever 21, Windsor, Charlotte Russe and Lauren James.

Photo courtesy of thewildflowershop.com

• Denim Shorts

Shorts are something that will never go out of style. Finding a comfortable and flattering pair can sometimes be a huge pain. Luckily, any store where you usually shop will have a large assortment of shorts for you to choose from. If you need more shorts in your wardrobe it is best to purchase now. The prices are low and there is a huge variety. As summer approaches, there will be higher prices and less of a variety. Some of my favorite places to get shorts are Forever 21, H&M and Target.

Photo courtesy of shoplyfie.com

• Dresses

Whether you are dressing up or just hanging out, a cute dress is a must. If you are looking for a more casual look you can pair a t-shirt dress with a jean jacket or sweater. If you are going out, you can look for something a little more dressy. A dress made of chiffon in a light color such as white, pink, or yellow are great options.

Photo courtesy of Esty.com

• Sandals

Warm weather means you can dig those flip flops and sandals back out. A simple outfit can be transformed with a pair of cute sandals. A lot of designers are incorporating multiple colors in their designs and other details. Pom-poms and tassels are a huge deal this year so you are bound to find a pair with either design.

Thumbnail photo by Drew Coffman

My name is Micah Hurt. I am a sophomore Equine major at the University of Kentucky. I am also a Resident Advisor (RA). I love to read, explore Lexington (or anywhere really), and listen to murder mystery podcast!